A Better Plan
A Better Plan is a free on-line application which allows people to create and share their own personal care plans. It has been developed by Digital Life Sciences through Year Zero, one of the four projects in the dallas programme supported by the Technology Strategy Board and Department of Business, Innovations and Skills.
It is designed to help people to manage their own health through supporting 5 key activities:
- Reflecting on where you are now and think about where you would like to be in the future. A Better Plan encourages you to think about your current situation, develop a better understanding of your general health, any issues you may have, and the medications that you take. Knowing what your priorities are and being better informed will help you take a more proactive role in the decisions regarding your health and general wellbeing, to help you gain the best long term outcome.
- Keeping track of key information. Getting yourself better organised is at the heart of A Better Plan. It allows you to add and organise your health information and integrate health records from different sources so you can access your most up to date details, whenever you choose.
- Monitoring and recording measurement directly from a variety of devices. A Better Plan can read a range of plug-in, monitoring devices such as blood pressure and blood glucose monitors and pedometers. It will capture and keep a record of your measurements in both chart and table views to help you keep track of your health and wellbeing over time.
- Sharing information safely. Your personal care plan is completely confidential but you can choose to share part or all of it with others. You may, for example, want to show your GP the data you’ve been collecting, to help them evaluate your current treatment plan or have a family member access the list of your current medications so they can organise a repeat prescription for you.
- Creating and reviewing action plans. A Better Plan encourages you to set yourself goals and create action plans to help you achieve them.