Shared Decision Making: a pathfinder project for NHS East Midlands
This report provides further evidence for understanding shared decision-making and offers practical recommendations for advancing shared decision-making within local health services.
It sets out five key priorities for embedding shared decision making across a health economy with practical recommendations for how these can be achieved:
- Communicating and operationalising shared decision making and the patient revolution
- Securing senior and very senior level direction, leadership and support
- Developing multi-disciplinary and multi-agency models of working
- Preparing and equipping patients and the public for shared decision making
- Showing that shared decision making works